Meet Our Members
As a psychiatric organization, the Mid-Hudson Psychiatric Society has several officers and committee members who endeavor to
uphold our mission.
These members, based in Arlington, New York, are listed below.
• President, Frank Galante, M.D.
• Immediate Past President, Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Secretary, Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Treasurer, S.Robert Bakall, M.D.
• Alternate Treasurer, Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Assembly Representative, Kenneth Wilson, M.D.
• Deputy Assembly Representative, Masum Ahmed, M.D.
• Deputy Assembly Representatives, Kenneth Wilson, M.D.
• Legislative/Public Affairs Representative, Sushil Chandra, M.D.
• Jail and Forensic Services Representative, Masum Ahmed, M.D.
• Community Services Representative, Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Private Practice Representative, Kenneth Wilson, M.D.
• Early Career Representative, Lakshmi Munnangi, M.D.
• Ethics Chairman, Sushil Chandra, M.D.
• Member/ Fellowship Chairman, Masum Ahmed M.D., Kenneth Wilson, M.D.
• Program Chairman, Kenneth Wilson, M.D., Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• WebMaster, Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Sushil Chandra, M.D.
• Leon Krakower, M.D.
• William Donohue, MD
The Executive Council, consisting of the Officers, Representatives, Committee Chairpersons, Program Chairman, and Newsletter Editor/ Web Master, meet several times a year to conduct the business of the District Branch. The Secretary works closely with the President and the Executive Director to conduct the flow of business.
The Assembly and Legislative/Public Affairs Representatives are actively involved, representing the District Branch at the New York State Psychiatric Association and the American Psychiatric Association meetings. The District Branch Program Chairman plans and executes nine membership meetings a year to include pertinent educational programs with business and social activity for the membership.
The professional skills of the psychiatrist are always in great demand, but particularly in the past two decades with the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center in New York City, followed by the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars. Our returning troops suffer from devastating injuries and PTSD. The devastation of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast oil disaster also left an emotional and psychological impact. Our troubled youth, with shootings and killings in our schools, need psychiatric guidance more than ever. And more recently with the problems related to racial injustices and systemic racism, along with the all of the changes related to the deadly COVID 19 Pandemic.
It should be noted that The APA prepares all members to be culturally competent psychiatrists and aids in eradicating mental health disparities by creating programs that align with APA policy by supporting and increasing diversity within APA; serving the needs of evolving, diverse, underrepresented and underserved patient populations; and working to end disparities in mental health care
• S. Robet Bakall, M.D., Chairperson
Constitution and By Laws
• Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D., Chairperson
• Kenneth Wilson, M.D. Yugandhar Munnangi M.D.
• Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D.
• Sushil Chandra, M.D.., Chairperson
• Kenneth Wilson, M.D.
•Sushil Chandra, M.D., Chairperson
Hospital and Community Psychiatrists
• Sushil Chandra, M.D., Chairperson
Impaired Physicians Committee:
• Yugandhar Munnangi, M.D., Chairman
• Masum Ahmed, Chairperson
• Immediate Past-Presidents
Correctional Psychiatry Committee
• S.Robert Bakall, M.D.
•Carlos Valle M.D.